Technology and Privacy
Security and Privacy
PersonalLoanser recognizes its affirmative and continuing obligation to respect the privacy of its customers and to protect the security and confidentiality of those customers’ nonpublic personal information. PersonalLoanser is dedicated to meet its responsibility of protecting your private information through (1) strong information technology systems and (2) a strong culture of compliance.
PersonalLoanser uses various technologically advanced processes to confirm your identity, prevent unauthorized sharing of your information, and keep your information secure. PersonalLoanser also trains its team members to comply with applicable privacy.
PersonalLoanser respects the significant trust its customers place on it when providing it access to the customers’ non-public personal information (“NPPI”). PersonalLoanser not only follows applicable law, but also industry best practices that go above and beyond what’s merely required to ensure we are at the forefront of the industry in protecting our customers. PersonalLoanser adheres to the following guiding principles:
- Protected Use
- PersonalLoanser collects and uses its customers’ information only as it deems necessary to conduct its business, which includes servicing the customers’ loans.
- PersonalLoanser does not share consumer NPPI or consumer report information except as authorized by law and disclosed in its privacy notice.
- PersonalLoanser takes steps to prevent identity theft and guard against unauthorized transactions, including engaging qualified industry leading third-party service providers to assist with such services.
- PersonalLoanser only does business with third-parties when PersonalLoanser is confident such third-party has the appropriate policies, procedures, and systems in place to meet our rigorous security and privacy standards.
- Clear Privacy Notice – Please see PersonalLoanser’ and Cross River Bank’s official Privacy Notices regarding our use of personal information and your ability to limit sharing of such information, as applicable.
- Compliance with State and Federal Laws – PersonalLoanser recognizes and complies with the extensive federal and state laws and regulations that address your privacy rights. This webpage’s details about your privacy rights and PersonalLoanser’ practices does not cover everything we do to protect your privacy. Additionally, you may want to contact your appropriate state agency in charge of overseeing applicable state laws related to privacy rights, because these rights may vary from state to state. Note too that certain federal and state laws may determine our record keeping practices and detail how long we are required to maintain your personal information.
- Secure System
We employ industry recognized security safeguard to help protect the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration. All data sent to PersonalLoanser is protected with technology that enables encryption of your data. Among other things, we use:
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL): PersonalLoanser’ Web server supports the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) transaction protocol that is largely accepted as an industry standard. This encryption protocol is in place to keep confidential the information passed back and forth between a Web server and its users.
- 256-Bit Domestic Grade Strong Encryption: We use 256-Bit Domestic Grade Strong Encryption, a powerful encryption commercially available for Internet products. (However, be aware that if you use a 40-bit browser, your encryption level, while secure, is not the highest level available. You can download free 256-bit browsers from Mozilla, Apple, or Microsoft.)
Application and Dashboard
By applying for a loan on our website, you create an account with us. Your username is your email address and you will create a password when you submit your application with us. You will be able to sign-in to your account by clicking on the “Sign in” link at the top of the website. You will have an account whether or not you are approved for a loan. Once you sign in, you can see the status of your loan application along with any documents you have electronically signed, such as your Electronic Transactions and Disclosures Consent and the Credit Pull Authorization.
You can use the “My Profile” section of “My Dashboard” to update your personal information, such as your address and phone number. We use your contact information to send you alerts and updates regarding your loan status. If you applied for a loan and did not receive an email from us, please check your email account’s Spam or Junk folder to ensure the message was not filtered.
Regarding your password, it is critical that you protect your password and if you believe it has been compromised you must contact us as soon as possible to protect your information. When you are creating a password on our site, we will tell you the “Password Strength.” We recommend you create a password that reaches a “Strong” or “Very Strong” level.
We use some common Web technologies to help manage our website, including cookies:
- Cookies: A “cookie” is a small piece of information that our website may provide to your browser while you are on our website. Our website supplies your browser with cookies that contain a unique identifier used to better understand website usage in the aggregate and on an individual level so we know what areas of our site users prefer (for example, based on the number of visits to those areas). This is done through a tracking utility that allows us, for example, to reconstruct activity from a session or by a user, for troubleshooting and issue resolution purposes. PersonalLoanser may also employ service providers to help us collect and understand our website usage data.
- When periodic surveys are presented to website visitors, cookies are used to prevent issuing multiple invitations to the same individual. If you are a registered user, you will receive a cookie when you login. This cookie is maintained by your browser and contains your identifier. This cookie is also used to authenticate your identity and provide you with access to areas of our website that are limited to registered users, such as those that allow you to view and manage your personal profile.
- If you simply want to browse, you do not have to accept cookies from our site. Should you decide, however, that you would like to register and sign in to special areas of the website and you have modified your browser setting not to accept cookies, you will need to re-set your browser to accept the cookies that we send. Otherwise, you won’t be able to participate in certain areas of the website. Most browsers are defaulted to accept and maintain cookies.
Changes to Security and Privacy Practices
Because we consistently monitor security and privacy matters and best practices, our practices may change from time to time to better protect you. If our practices do change and it is appropriate to change this page, you will be able to tell that this page has changed based on the “last updated” marker below. If you ever wish to see previous versions of this page, please contact Compliance@PersonalLoanser.com
Ongoing Testing and Monitoring
PersonalLoanser conducts ongoing testing and monitoring to capture any issues that may impact our privacy protection practices and we continuously review industry best practices to ensure we are at the forefront of privacy matters.
For additional information or to share any comments or questions about our privacy practices, please email us at Compliance@PersonalLoanser.com
Also, please feel free to send your questions or comments to:
- OWNERSHIP OF SITE. RockLoans Marketplace LLC d/b/a PersonalLoanser, a Michigan limited liability company (“PersonalLoanser,” “we,” “us,” “Company,” or “our”) owns and operates this Site. You acknowledge and agree that all content, web pages, source code, calculations, products, materials, data, information, text, screen, functionality, services, design, layout, screen interfaces, “look and feel,” and the operation of this website (collectively, “Site Content”) are protected by various intellectual property laws, including, but not limited to, copyrights, patents, trade secrets, trademarks, and service marks, and you do not acquire any rights by downloading or viewing any Site Content. You agree that PersonalLoanser and all logos related to our products and Services are our or our licensors’ trademarks or registered trademarks. You may not copy, imitate or use them without our prior written consent. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts are our service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress. You may not copy, imitate, or use them without our prior written consent.
- LOAN REQUESTS. You may be presented with the opportunity to apply for a loan through the Site. When you apply for a loan, you agree to provide current, complete, and accurate information about yourself. You agree that you will not, in connection with any Services, misrepresent your identity, or describe, present, or portray yourself as a person other than yourself. If any information you provide is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to reject any application you have submitted, terminate any agreement we have with you, and restrict your future use of the Site and our Services. We reserve the right to decline any application for a loan. You agree that if you request a loan through our Site you will not be requesting a loan for any illegal or illicit purpose. You acknowledge and agree that your loan request may not be funded. You agree that you will not request a loan through our Site if you have or anyone in your household has an outstanding loan with us. You agree that we will initially do a soft credit pull and that any offer of credit to you will be contingent upon a hard credit pull which we will complete prior to you signing the Loan Agreement to ensure your credit has not changed. You acknowledge and agree that the terms of any offer of credit to you will change from day-to-day and to some extent hour-by-hour and if you leave the Site or your loan application process, any rate and term information you were quoted on the Site may change. We will cancel your loan application after 30 calendar days of inactivity.
- SIGN IN AND PASSWORDS. If you apply for a loan through the Site, you will set-up a sign-in username and you will select a password. You agree that you will protect and maintain the confidentiality of any user identification, password, or other identifying information you obtain through your use of the Site and will not disclose this information to any third party. You agree that you will immediately contact PersonalLoanser if you believe your user identification, password, or identifying information has been compromised, lost, or stolen. Note that PersonalLoanser will never contact you through an unsolicited email or phone call requesting your username or password. You also acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for all damages or claims that may arise from any access to or use of this Site by any person to whom you provided your user identification, password, or other identifying information, or by any person who has obtained such information from you, including, but not limited to, any access to or use of this Site that may occur before you have notified us that your user identification, password, or other identifying information has been lost, stolen, or otherwise compromised and we have had a reasonable time to act.
- PERMITTED USE. You agree that:
- you will only access or use this Site and transact business with us if you are at least 18 years old;
- by accessing and using this Site, you are also using Google Maps API and you assent to and agree to be bound by Google’s Terms of Service. PersonalLoanser does not accept any responsibility for the content of Google’s Terms of Service.
You agree that you will not use or attempt to use this Site for any purpose other than consumer lending related business with PersonalLoanser as a bona fide client of PersonalLoanser; you may not use or attempt to use this Site or any part of this Site for any purpose:
- that interferes with or induces a breach of the contractual relationships between PersonalLoanser and its employees
- that is any way unlawful or prohibited, or that is harmful or destructive to anyone or their property;
- that transmits any advertisements, solicitations, schemes, spam, flooding, or other unsolicited email, unsolicited commercial communications;
- that transmits any harmful or disabling computer codes or viruses;
- that harvests email addresses from this Site;
- that transmits unsolicited email to this Site or to anyone whose email address included the domain name under this Site;
- that interferes with our network services;
- that attempts to gain unauthorized access to our network services;
- that suggests an express or implied affiliation with PersonalLoanser, its affiliates, or Cross River Bank (without the express written permission of PersonalLoanser);
- that impairs or limits our ability to operate this Site or any other person’s ability to access and use this Site;
- that uses any methods, means, or devices to click on to this Site or cause a visit to this Site for the purpose of manipulating the results of any Internet search engine, or for any other purpose other than conducting consumer lending related business with PersonalLoanser or Cross River Bank as a bona fide client of PersonalLoanser or Cross River Bank;
- that unlawfully impersonates or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with any person or entity
- that harms minors in any way, including, but not limited to, transmitting or uploading content that violates child pornography laws, child sexual exploitation laws, and laws prohibiting the depiction of minors engage in sexual conduct;
- that transmits or uploads pornographic, violent, obscene, sexually explicit, discriminatory, hateful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, offensive, harassing, or otherwise objectionable content or images;
- that harms, threatens, harasses, abuses, or intimidates another person in any way or involves images or content that depicts, promotes, encourages, indicates, advocates, or tends to incite the commission of a crime or other unlawful activities
- that dilutes or depreciates the name and reputation of Cross River Bank, PersonalLoanser, or any of their affiliates;
- that transmits or uploads any content or images that infringes any third-party’s intellectual property rights or infringes any third-party’s right of privacy; or
- that unlawfully transmits or uploads any confidential, proprietary, or trade secret information
- RESTRICTIONS ON USE. You agree to abide by all applicable laws and regulations in your use of the Site and our Services. In addition, you agree that you will not do any of the following:
- apply for more than one loan (if you have a loan), or apply for a loan on behalf of an individual other than yourself or on behalf of any group or entity;
- post or otherwise make available content, or take any action on the Site, that may constitute libel or slander or that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or is protected by any copyright or trademark, or otherwise violates the law;
- post or otherwise make available content that in our judgment is objectionable, such as content that is harmful, threatening, inflammatory, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful or otherwise objectionable; that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site; or that may expose us or our users to any harm or liability of any type;
- post or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations or promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation;
- use the information or content on our Site to send unwanted messages to any other user;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- post or otherwise make publicly available on the Site any personal or financial information of any third party
- solicit personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- use the Site or our Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site;
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of our users from the Site by electronic or other means, including via the use automated scripts; or
- post or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- COPYRIGHT COMPLAINTS. If you believe that any material on the Site infringes upon any copyright that you own or control, you may send a written notification to us via email at support@PersonalLoanser.com, or via regular mail at PersonalLoanser, Attn: Legal Team, In your notification, please:
- confirm you are the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work that has been infringed;
- identify the copyrighted work or works you claim have been infringed;
- identify the material that you claim is infringing or is the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed (please include information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material);
- provide your contact details, including an email address; and
- provide a statement that the information you have provided is accurate and that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law
- YOUR COOPERATION NEEDED. PersonalLoanser generally begins processing your application upon your submission of a full and complete application. If you submit an application, you agree to cooperate in the application process (including submitting all required documentation in a timely manner) and if needed, to obtain information PersonalLoanser may need from third-parties such as your bank or employer, etc. In addition, you agree to notify PersonalLoanser of any changes in any information submitted in connection with your application.
- NOTIFICATIONS. PersonalLoanser may provide you with notices via email and regular mail at the most recent address you have provided, or through posting information on this Site, as allowed under the law.
- NO WARRANTY; ERRORS; DISCLAIMERS. ALTHOUGH WE WILL USE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROVIDE AN ACCURATE SITE AND SERVICES, THE SITE AND OUR SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE AND OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “ROCKET LOAN PARTIES”) DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, RELATING TO THE SITE, THE SERVICES, ANY DOCUMENTATION PROVIDED OR MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU AND ANY OTHER PRODUCTS AND RELATED MATERIALS AND/OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY ANY OF THE PERSONALLOANSER PARTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES: (I) AS TO TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ORDINARY PURPOSES, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, AND WORKMANLIKE EFFORT; (II) AS TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES OR ANY ASPECT THEREOF; (III) ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE; (IV) RELATING TO THE SITE OR SERVICES CONFORMING TO ANY FUNCTION, DEMONSTRATION, OR PROMISE BY ANY PERSONALLOANSER PARTY; AND (V) THAT ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR COMPLETELY SECURE. ANY RELIANCE UPON THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE PERSONALLOANSER PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. You agree that all access and use of the Site and its contents and your use of the Services are at your own risk. Neither we nor any PersonalLoanser party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site and/or the Services has or will have any responsibility for any consequences relating, directly or indirectly, to any action or inaction that you may take based on the Site and/or the Services, or any aspect thereof. You agree that you, and not PersonalLoanser, will bear the entire cost of all servicing, repair, correction, or restoration that may be necessary for your data, software programs, or computer equipment because of any viruses, errors, or other problems you may have as a result of using or visiting this Site.
ALL OF THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OR FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE CLAIMED UNDER THE TERMS OF A CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF WE OR OUR REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN NEGLIGENT OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NO ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR PERTAINING TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE MAY BE BROUGHT MORE THAN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION HAS ARISEN.
- ACCESS TO SITE. PersonalLoanser reserves the right at all times, in its sole discretion and without notice to you, to deny your access to and use of the Site.
- LINKING. The Site may, from time to time, provide links to other websites. PersonalLoanser does not endorse, approve, sponsor, or control, and we are not in any way responsible for, any of the content, services, calculations, information, products, or materials that you may receive through any website where we may have provided a link. Through use of this Site, you acknowledge and agree that PersonalLoanser will not be responsible for or liable to you or any other person for any damages or claims that might result from your use of such content, services, calculations, information, products, or materials.
No Advertising / No Links. PersonalLoanser does not permit third-party advertising on this Site. Except with the express written permission of PersonalLoanser, you agree that you will not create links from any website or webpage to this Site or any webpage within this Site.
- FOR SOUTH DAKOTA RESIDENTS ONLY. If you have any comments or concerns about any improprieties in making the loan or in loan practices, you can refer those concerns to the South Dakota Division of Banking, 1601 N Harrison Ave, Suite 1, Pierre SD 57501 Phone: 605-773-3421 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOR WISCONSIN RESIDENTS ONLY. For married Wisconsin residents, by submitting your application you are confirming that this loan (if granted) is being incurred in the interest of your marriage and your family. No provision of a marital property agreement, unilateral statement under §776.59 of the Wisconsin Statutes or court order under §776.70 of the Wisconsin Statutes adversely affects the interests of a lender unless the lender, prior to the time the credit is granted, is furnished a copy of the agreement, statement or decree or has actual knowledge of the adverse provision when the obligation to the lender is incurred. If the loan for which you are applying is granted, you will notify the lender if you have a spouse who needs to receive notification that credit has been extended to you.